Use of Laptops in Education
After several countries have demonstrated the advantages and disadvantages of the 1 to 1 model, there are certain conclusions within how efficient it would be to deliver laptops to teachers for use within the classrooms, since what should concern us is that Students get to have enough expertise in computer use, which being digital natives could be fast learning.
The barriers to the curricular integration of the laptop for my point of view would be:
- The training (educational community)
- The teaching factor (adaptability)
- The technological infrastructure (internet penetration)
- Technical support and monitoring (of the team)
- Supervision and improvement of methodologies (educational community)